Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ODEP Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a newbie to Comsol.  I would like to model the effect of incident light on a photo conductive layer of hydrogenated amorphous silicon.  The a-Si: H layer seperates two conductive and tansparent layers, which have an AC voltage applied accros them.  A small channel exists between the a-Si layer and the top conductive layer, which will house an induced electric field used for experimentation.  The simulation will include the change in the electric field as the conductivity of the a‐Si: H changes.  This is a common procedure in optically induced dielectrophoresis chips. However, I have not found a paper which makes any reference to achieving this simulation in comsol.  Are there any modules which can model the incident light and the change in conductance in the photo conductive layer?  Below should be link to a photo which illistrates the chips design.

Thanks ahead of time.

(https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/ContentImages/Journals/JBOPFO/19/4/045002/FigureImages/JBO_19_4_045002_f001.png)

1 Reply Last Post Oct 2, 2018, 7:40 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Oct 2, 2018, 7:40 a.m. EDT

Hi, Jeremy Meyer. I am also doing the simulation of ODEP. Would you like to discuss with me? If any interested, please email me. (lybin928@gmail.com).

In order to simulate the DEP force, I think you need to 1. use the Current Model in COMSOL 2. design the gemotry of chip 3. set the material property about solution and a-Si:H 4. set the boundary condition in Current Phycical Field 5. and ans solve the Study

Hi, Jeremy Meyer. I am also doing the simulation of ODEP. Would you like to discuss with me? If any interested, please email me. (lybin928@gmail.com). In order to simulate the DEP force, I think you need to 1. use the Current Model in COMSOL 2. design the gemotry of chip 3. set the material property about solution and a-Si:H 4. set the boundary condition in Current Phycical Field 5. and ans solve the Study

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.