Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to do multi track modeling?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am doing laser based powder bed fusion modeling in COMSOL. I know how to do single track laser modeling, but I am facing some issues with multi track laser. I have actually been able to create multi track. But the problem is, all the laser beams are working simultaneously at the same time. If you see in the comsol file I have attached, I have input 0 to 20 seconds for the 1st track (analytic 2), 21 to 40 seconds for the 2nd track (Analytic 3) and 41 to 60 seconds for the 3rd track (Analytic 4). In study-time dependent, I have selected the total run time to be 60 seconds. But still, all the beams are running at the same time. Can you please tell me what should I do so that the 2nd track starts only after 1st track is finished and the 3rd track starts after the 2nd track is finished?

Thank you, Faiyaz

1 Reply Last Post Jun 13, 2019, 2:13 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Jun 13, 2019, 2:13 a.m. EDT
I not really know what kind of effect you want to bring out. Acourrding the model you up load i think you can disble the Heat flux in Physics and variables selection while Modify modle configration for sdudy is selected. 
I not really know what kind of effect you want to bring out. Acourrding the model you up load i think you can disble the Heat flux in Physics and variables selection while Modify modle configration for sdudy is selected.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.