Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set up a circularly polarized light source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm going to set up a circularly polarized light source in the 2-d model. Now I'm using the boundary condition of the port, but I don't know how to set it.So I hope to get your help

1 Reply Last Post Jul 18, 2019, 11:36 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Jul 18, 2019, 11:36 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jul 18, 2019, 11:36 p.m. EDT

I understand circular polarization in 3D, but I'm not sure what it would mean physically in a 2D model. I suggest that you post a picture of your geometry, perhaps with a label and arrow showing the surface on which you would like to specify a circularly-polarized light source, and perhaps also show which direction you would like that source to radiate, if it isn't obvious from the geometry.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I understand circular polarization in 3D, but I'm not sure what it would mean physically in a 2D model. I suggest that you post a picture of your geometry, perhaps with a label and arrow showing the surface on which you would like to specify a circularly-polarized light source, and perhaps also show which direction you would like that source to radiate, if it isn't obvious from the geometry.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.