Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculate time derivative of a variable that is stored by the Previous Solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all:

I read and followed the BLOG"Using the Previous Solution Operator in Transient Modeling". However, I encountered an issue about this approach when I was trying to calculate the time derivative of the maximum temperature. COMSOL reminded me failed to find consistent initial values. Could you please provide me a method to calculate the rate of the temperature?

Thank you for your help and time.

-------------------
Yu Zhang

1 Reply Last Post Sep 13, 2019, 5:31 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Sep 13, 2019, 5:31 a.m. EDT

I have the very same problem. I cannot include a time deriviative of the variable that I use in the previous solution operator in my model without getting the error message: "Failed to find consistent initial values".

I have the very same problem. I cannot include a time deriviative of the variable that I use in the previous solution operator in my model without getting the error message: "Failed to find consistent initial values".

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.