Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Limiting Dependent Variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I am trying to solve a system of PDE equations. Among the dependent variables of this system, there is a variable that changes from 0 to 1. I was wondering if I could do that in COMSOL?

2 Replies Last Post Aug 12, 2020, 4:24 a.m. EDT

Posted: 4 years ago Aug 11, 2020, 9:31 p.m. EDT

You can try to set a penalty. I saw some discussion on penalty but unfortunately forget where it is.

-------------------
ZHANG, Pu
School of Physics,
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
You can try to set a penalty. I saw some discussion on penalty but unfortunately forget where it is.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Aug 12, 2020, 4:24 a.m. EDT

Use the segregated solver. If you right-click on the Segregated node, you can add Lower Limit and Upper Limit. This will force the dependent variable to stay inside limits.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Use the segregated solver. If you right-click on the **Segregated** node, you can add **Lower Limit** and **Upper Limit**. This will force the dependent variable to stay inside limits.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.