Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help in designing Schottky diode

Venkatesh Pappakrishnan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I have modeled a Schottky diode with gold-n-GaAs semiconductor. Here, i used electrostatics to define the system and transport of diluted carrier module to define the transport of electrons across the barrier. The problem is, when i plot for charge distribution along the semiconductor, it is not as expected like formation of barrier at equilibrium and disappearing of barrier as the voltage applied is increased.

Could anyone help me in finding where i am wrong? Basically, i need to know the distribution of charge carriers along the semiconductor for different voltage. I have not considered the effect of holes(minority carriers), since their effect is negligible.

Please help me out. I could not upload the file here due to size constraints. So, I am posting the link for megaupload.

www.megaupload.com/?d=S1YPFLDB

Thank you very much in advance.
Venkatesh

2 Replies Last Post Apr 9, 2015, 6:57 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Venkatesh Pappakrishnan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago Apr 9, 2015, 6:56 a.m. EDT
Have u got how to design schottky diode
Have u got how to design schottky diode

Posted: 9 years ago Apr 9, 2015, 6:57 a.m. EDT
If yes please help me too..
If yes please help me too..

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.