Application Exchange

Hydrogen plasma modeling in a microwave plasma chemical vapor deposition reactor
Filename Size
App_Tutorial.pdf 301 KB
MPCVD_app.mph 19.6 MB
Download all files (Zip-archive) ~ 15.9 MB

Hydrogen plasma modeling in a microwave plasma chemical vapor deposition reactor

Gayathri Shivkumar, Siva Sashank Tholeti, Majed A Alrefae, Aravind Shaj, Timothy S Fisher, & Alina A Alexeenko,
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Email:

A 2D axisymmetric model of the hydrogen plasma in a Microwave Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition (MPCVD) system is implemented in COMSOL Multiphysics using the high frequency Maxwell solver and the heat transfer solver. Funer's model is calibrated based on experimental observations. The fractional electron energy loss is determined using BOLSIG+, a Boltzmann equation solver for electrons in weakly ionized gases under a given local electric field.

Please reference the following paper to cite this work:
G. Shivkumar, S. S. Tholeti, M. A. Alrefae, T. S. Fisher, and A. A. Alexeenko, "Analysis of hydrogen plasma in a microwave plasma chemical vapor deposition reactor", Journal of Applied Physics 119, 113301 (2016).

User Comments

Jun 13, 2022 at 11:52am UTC

Thanks for the beautiful work.

Jun 27, 2022 at 8:10am UTC

Thanks for the work. I have downloaded the files and read the reference paper. But, I don't understand the part - "Coefficient Form PDE" in the file named 'MPCVD_app.mph'. I'm curious about its physical meaning and its function. I would be very grateful if someone could answer my confusion.

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:06am UTC

Thanks for sharing the files. It means a lot for the young scientists or new users of comsol.

Oct 27, 2023 at 2:24am UTC

Thanks for sharing the files.

Jan 30, 2024 at 6:01pm UTC

can you give me some guidance on what physics interface i should use to simulate the powder spheroidization process in inductively coupled plasma (ICP)
Thank you

Login to comment on this entry.