Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Oscillations at the Entrance and Exit of Pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks.

I am using the Mixture Model in 3D pipe to simulate the flow of glass sphere particles in water.

However I keep getting the rather persistent oscillations at the entrance and exit of the pipe.

I have a 3 meter pipe to serve as an entrance pipe to another pipe (the relevant one),
and I am using a boundary layer mixed with a free tetrahedral mesh.

I can seem to correct whatever I am doing wrong...

My mph file is too big and to complex to run (except on a cluster or server), so I have uploaded some images
so its visible what I am trying to explain. Also I have uploded the wall lift-off in both units.

Hope somebody can help. Thanks.

Cheers.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 15, 2011, 9:58 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rui Silva

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.