Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to find the x,y,z axis displacement

Anis Nurashikin Nordin

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have question regarding about on how to find the x,y,z axis displacement.
Currently I'm using Comsol 4.2 and attached are the file of my result. Is it correct because i'm quite confius about the result. Can everyone verify my result?

Regards
Anwar

4 Replies Last Post Jul 9, 2012, 12:58 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 26, 2011, 1:53 a.m. EDT
Hi

because of the large displacement values for the eigenmode analysis ?

If so, reread the theory around eigenmode analysis:
You will then notice that amplitudes are not restrained, one can only get:
1) frequencies,
2) relative shapes
3) if you chose the correct normalisation, relative mode energy comparison.

But you never get any absolute displacement values.

I believe that the COMSOL developpers have left this feature (normalisation) this way as the default to REMIND all users about this effect. (at least for those noticing the large displacements and then ask themselves the question why )

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi because of the large displacement values for the eigenmode analysis ? If so, reread the theory around eigenmode analysis: You will then notice that amplitudes are not restrained, one can only get: 1) frequencies, 2) relative shapes 3) if you chose the correct normalisation, relative mode energy comparison. But you never get any absolute displacement values. I believe that the COMSOL developpers have left this feature (normalisation) this way as the default to REMIND all users about this effect. (at least for those noticing the large displacements and then ask themselves the question why ) -- Good luck Ivar

Ananiah Durai Sundararajan

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2012, 12:47 a.m. EDT
Hi Anis,
saw your model, I am trying to do displacement analysis for a pressure sensor, please tell me the procedure how u did it?
Hi Anis, saw your model, I am trying to do displacement analysis for a pressure sensor, please tell me the procedure how u did it?

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2012, 1:38 a.m. EDT

Hi Anis,
saw your model, I am trying to do displacement analysis for a pressure sensor, please tell me the procedure how u did it?

Hi Ananiah Durai Sundararajan,

basically, can you explain more about your model.Kindly, to do the displacement analysis we must put the
model in air condition and some physical configuration such as fix constraint, linear elastic material.

Regards.
[QUOTE] Hi Anis, saw your model, I am trying to do displacement analysis for a pressure sensor, please tell me the procedure how u did it? [/QUOTE] Hi Ananiah Durai Sundararajan, basically, can you explain more about your model.Kindly, to do the displacement analysis we must put the model in air condition and some physical configuration such as fix constraint, linear elastic material. Regards.

Guillermo Andrés Borrero Becerra

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 9, 2012, 12:58 p.m. EDT
Hi Ananiah Durai Sundararajan

I am modeling a SAW sensor for pressure measurement. And I also have to do a displacement analysis. Please can you send me your pressure sensor model?. I really appreciate your help.
Hi Ananiah Durai Sundararajan I am modeling a SAW sensor for pressure measurement. And I also have to do a displacement analysis. Please can you send me your pressure sensor model?. I really appreciate your help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.