Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Tabulate global evaluations from parametric sweeps

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'd like to calculate elements of a capacitance matrix between three terminal conductors. I can do this with a parametric sweep and global evaluations very successfully (es.C11, es.C12 etc.). Ultimately, however, I would like to calculate these capacitance matrix elements as a function of the distance of one of the conductors. I can also attain these results in discrete steps using a parametric sweep and global evaluations. However, the problem arises when I try to calculate these elements in very small discrete steps over a long distance. In theory I could do this, but I would have to manually create a new global evaluation for every capacitance element and every discrete step.

I would like to find some way to automate this problem. I need a sizable array of points and I am using 3D geometry so can't afford to do this manually each time I want to evaluate.

Thanks,

-Elliot

0 Replies Last Post Oct 10, 2011, 5:29 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Elliot Fuller

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.