Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient resistance of ground rod under impulse currents

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, Iam doing time domain study for ground rod in uniform soil under electric currents domain. im applying impulse current of 8/20 micro sec to the rod but im getting linear voltage at terminal but i have to get same shape of voltage as like impulse current in order to calculate transient resistance. here im attaching those graphs. i hope anyone can solve my problem. thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post Oct 30, 2020, 11:46 a.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Oct 30, 2020, 11:46 a.m. EDT

If the current is not proportional to voltage the system cannot be described by a (linear) resistance.

The correct model MIGHT be a combination of L,C, and R, which might all be nonlinear. What's the physics of the problem?

If the current is not proportional to voltage the system cannot be described by a (linear) resistance. The correct model MIGHT be a combination of L,C, and R, which might all be nonlinear. What's the physics of the problem?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.