Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is it possible to show COMSOL results in a computer without COMSOL Software?

Francesc-Xavier Borras

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hej,

I have been googleing it but I could not find anything. I have been working with Comsol and now I want to show my results. I have been taking snaps and including them on Powerpoint slides. I think it will be useful to have some free small software that allows you to show the "results" as you can do with COMSOL. A way to avoid running such a huge software just for showing the results.

Solidworks has the e-Drawings for example.

Anyone has had the same idea before?

Thanks,

F. Xavier Borras

3 Replies Last Post May 29, 2012, 1:30 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 29, 2012, 9:49 a.m. EDT
Hi

there where one of those bac in 3.x times. The only thing is that most of the graphs are calculated on the fly. Most of my raw solved model files goes up to > 5Gb per file, with then several minutes postprocessing per image, nothing to really show live for any client.
But I agree for small physics demo files it would be nice.

In conclusion, your need the full blown COMSOL just to rebuild your images, so its better to store the images and the videos.

But I agree that takes time !! (about 4x longer than to build and solve the model, for me ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there where one of those bac in 3.x times. The only thing is that most of the graphs are calculated on the fly. Most of my raw solved model files goes up to > 5Gb per file, with then several minutes postprocessing per image, nothing to really show live for any client. But I agree for small physics demo files it would be nice. In conclusion, your need the full blown COMSOL just to rebuild your images, so its better to store the images and the videos. But I agree that takes time !! (about 4x longer than to build and solve the model, for me ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Francesc-Xavier Borras

Posted: 1 decade ago May 29, 2012, 11:36 a.m. EDT
Thanks Ivar,

I will find something you do not have answer for.

Good luck,

F. Xavier Borras
Thanks Ivar, I will find something you do not have answer for. Good luck, F. Xavier Borras

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 29, 2012, 1:30 p.m. EDT
Hi

Come on ... there are plenty of things and domains, for which I have no answers, but I find it interesting and fun to take the quizes from the Forum, it helps me too, to solve my own models :)

But, there should be more people doing like me here on the forum (perhaps I'm taking to much place and not letting the other have fun too ?),
I'll take a brake in July, I expect to have no, or poor, internet link, and no access to my COMSOL WS during several weks, then...

--
Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi Come on ... there are plenty of things and domains, for which I have no answers, but I find it interesting and fun to take the quizes from the Forum, it helps me too, to solve my own models :) But, there should be more people doing like me here on the forum (perhaps I'm taking to much place and not letting the other have fun too ?), I'll take a brake in July, I expect to have no, or poor, internet link, and no access to my COMSOL WS during several weks, then... -- Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.