Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting in air, postprocessing, 4.2a, RF module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I have some issue. I made some calculation of gold nanosphere on substrate, and now I want to plot normalized electric field.

BUt, thing is I want to plot emw.norm^2 not just on sphere, also I want to plot it in air, but as I see air is invisible. Everything is blue like there is no any enhancement very close around sphere, and I done some calculations (point evaluation etc) and I am absolutetly sure there is field. Also I simulated dipole antenna, and I want to plot field in the gap (so air), there is no nothing.

Is there some option to make air visible??

Thanks in advanced

4 Replies Last Post Oct 26, 2012, 7:13 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2012, 9:04 a.m. EDT
Hi

You need to include air and its material properties around your "sphere", but you must also tell us which physics you are using and if possible more about your model. like that its difficult to say something ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi You need to include air and its material properties around your "sphere", but you must also tell us which physics you are using and if possible more about your model. like that its difficult to say something ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 25, 2012, 11:31 a.m. EDT

Hi

You need to include air and its material properties around your "sphere", but you must also tell us which physics you are using and if possible more about your model. like that its difficult to say something ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar

Dear Ivar, thank you for response.

This is my module, I sent you just simple version for one wavelength.

So, I want plot electric field in air between spheres, beacuse definately there is enhancement. You can see that in point evaluation for these wavelengths. I calculated enhancement of E field in the middle of gap. So as you can see on picture, I can see electric field in glass, gold, everywhere except air. Air is invisible.

When you open model you can see how it is look like on spheres.

Thanks in advanced for every help.
[QUOTE] Hi You need to include air and its material properties around your "sphere", but you must also tell us which physics you are using and if possible more about your model. like that its difficult to say something ;) -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Dear Ivar, thank you for response. This is my module, I sent you just simple version for one wavelength. So, I want plot electric field in air between spheres, beacuse definately there is enhancement. You can see that in point evaluation for these wavelengths. I calculated enhancement of E field in the middle of gap. So as you can see on picture, I can see electric field in glass, gold, everywhere except air. Air is invisible. When you open model you can see how it is look like on spheres. Thanks in advanced for every help.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2012, 3:46 a.m. EDT

It looks like the inner upper half sphere is missing and the outer one is incomplete. Something is wrong with your geometry definition. You can see it in the material nodes.

Cheers
Edgar
It looks like the inner upper half sphere is missing and the outer one is incomplete. Something is wrong with your geometry definition. You can see it in the material nodes. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2012, 7:13 a.m. EDT

It looks like the inner upper half sphere is missing and the outer one is incomplete. Something is wrong with your geometry definition. You can see it in the material nodes.

Cheers
Edgar

Thanks very much Edgar,

I solved problem, problem was with geometry.

Regards
[QUOTE] It looks like the inner upper half sphere is missing and the outer one is incomplete. Something is wrong with your geometry definition. You can see it in the material nodes. Cheers Edgar [/QUOTE] Thanks very much Edgar, I solved problem, problem was with geometry. Regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.