Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Urgent: Eulerian mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,
there is an euleriam mesh in Comsol.4 ?. If yes, can someone help me to know how can I use it ?
thx in advance.

4 Replies Last Post Oct 30, 2012, 8:40 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 30, 2012, 5:51 a.m. EDT
Hi

what do you mean exaclty by an Eulerian mesh ?

Isn't it the ALE you are after, check the doc and the examples, als for FSI (Fluide Structure Interactions)

But mixing so many physics in one go is tough, if you ae not very used to COMSOL, my advice, try to start a few at the time ;)

--
Good luck
Ivaure
Hi what do you mean exaclty by an Eulerian mesh ? Isn't it the ALE you are after, check the doc and the examples, als for FSI (Fluide Structure Interactions) But mixing so many physics in one go is tough, if you ae not very used to COMSOL, my advice, try to start a few at the time ;) -- Good luck Ivaure

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 30, 2012, 6:45 a.m. EDT
first of all, Thanks Ivaure for your reply,

Y're right, I'm new user on Comsol but I made some examples.

I mean the eulerian representation. In fact, I'm modeling the growth of some particals (shapes) by the control of the concentration. I made a 2D geometry. I used the transport of diluted species model.

In Comsol, I find only the ALE and deformed geometry.
first of all, Thanks Ivaure for your reply, Y're right, I'm new user on Comsol but I made some examples. I mean the eulerian representation. In fact, I'm modeling the growth of some particals (shapes) by the control of the concentration. I made a 2D geometry. I used the transport of diluted species model. In Comsol, I find only the ALE and deformed geometry.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 30, 2012, 6:48 a.m. EDT
if you want, have a look at this file.
thx in advance.
if you want, have a look at this file. thx in advance.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 30, 2012, 8:40 a.m. EDT
Hi

you have also the level set and phase method, this is not my domain really so I'm not the best to give hints here.

From your model, I have 2 comments: 1) your concetration is not defined on any boundary, I assume its the three small bottom squares with influx.
2) when I look at the results, I see clearly the mesh paterns, which means that you have a far too coarse mesh in the region of the high concetration. try to maually refine your mesh by selecting the high concentration region and mesh the edges manually extremely fine

You could aslo add a half a circle around the three domains some 3-5times the ir dimension away, and select this local region to get far finer mesh therein

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have also the level set and phase method, this is not my domain really so I'm not the best to give hints here. From your model, I have 2 comments: 1) your concetration is not defined on any boundary, I assume its the three small bottom squares with influx. 2) when I look at the results, I see clearly the mesh paterns, which means that you have a far too coarse mesh in the region of the high concetration. try to maually refine your mesh by selecting the high concentration region and mesh the edges manually extremely fine You could aslo add a half a circle around the three domains some 3-5times the ir dimension away, and select this local region to get far finer mesh therein -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.