Heat transfer from 1D to 3D for cylindrical cell

Laksmi sampath reddy Pulagam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, i have been modeling for my project regarding heat generation in a working cell,When i referred to this simulation posted by COMSOL (https://www.comsol.com/model/thermal-modeling-of-a-cylindrical-lithium-ion-battery-in-3d-10224) I was wondering why they have multiplied those values in heat source node in heat transfer. My thinking is like "Hmm, they have simulated for 1d using li-ion physics for a 7.5C rate (I guess they assumed the current rate and all based on the geometry of 1D) and the heat is transferred from 1D with some multiplication, why? The unit is per meter cube" so I am so confused with this. Can someone help? Just with the heat transfer.

2 Replies Last Post Dec 8, 2023, 4:57 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 months ago Dec 7, 2023, 1:54 p.m. EST
Updated: 5 months ago Dec 7, 2023, 1:53 p.m. EST

Hello Laksmi,

Does page 4 of the pdf for that model not answer your question?

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Laksmi, Does page 4 of the pdf for that model not answer your question? Jeff

Laksmi Sampath Reddy Pulagam

Posted: 5 months ago Dec 8, 2023, 4:57 a.m. EST
Updated: 5 months ago Dec 10, 2023, 10:19 a.m. EST

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for looking into this question.

My problem is that I am unable to understand it mathematically. On the page 4 it was stated in a general way or I might be missing the grasp point in the text. It would be very helpful if you could simplify that.

edit- Hello jeff, i just overlooked the concept and i am able to understand now.Thank you. There was another question i forgot to ask.How did they defined the c-rate for 1D model?

Hello Jeff, Thank you for looking into this question. My problem is that I am unable to understand it mathematically. On the page 4 it was stated in a general way or I might be missing the grasp point in the text. It would be very helpful if you could simplify that. edit- Hello jeff, i just overlooked the concept and i am able to understand now.Thank you. There was another question i forgot to ask.How did they defined the c-rate for 1D model?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.