Solid mechanics,multiport,propagation of elastic waves

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, I attempt to study asymmetric thermal rectification by simulating elastic wave propagation in solids.Referring to the mechanical multiport model in the case base,in principle,the passrate of the symmetric rectangle from the two ports should be the same,at present ,there are some differences in my simulation,I want to consult you how to solve this problem. In addition,in the propagation of elastic waves of various modes in the solid in the two-ports model,what is the S-parameter obtained after the analysis of the boundary mode? I feel that it is not the same as that in the radio frequency. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Last Post Jan 7, 2024, 10:47 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago Jan 6, 2024, 3:16 a.m. EST

For my part, I am not opening office documents from unknown sources for good reason.

S-parameters are power ratios in what way ever you obtain them. This is certainly different in electromagnetics and mechanics and has to be adapted to the question you have to the model.

Cheers

Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
For my part, I am not opening office documents from unknown sources for good reason. S-parameters are power ratios in what way ever you obtain them. This is certainly different in electromagnetics and mechanics and has to be adapted to the question you have to the model. Cheers Edgar

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago Jan 6, 2024, 3:23 p.m. EST
Updated: 4 months ago Jan 6, 2024, 3:23 p.m. EST

I'm curious, but not curious enough to risk opening the file.

It does sound like OP is trying to violate reciprocity in a linear system?

I'm curious, but not curious enough to risk opening the file. It does sound like OP is trying to violate reciprocity in a linear system?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago Jan 7, 2024, 10:47 a.m. EST

Yes curiosity can be dangerous. Thermal rectification seems to be an interesting topic. As far as I know these systems need to be seriously nonlinear and would indeed be non-reciprocal.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Yes curiosity can be dangerous. Thermal rectification seems to be an interesting topic. As far as I know these systems need to be seriously nonlinear and would indeed be non-reciprocal.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.