Inductor simulation in LiveLink for Simulink

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am working on the integration between Comsol and LiveLink for Simulink. I want to excite a simple coil from a voltage source in Simulink and obtain the current, with the phase shift appropriate to the frequency of the input voltage and the value of the inductance of the coil.

Physics: Magnetic fields Study: Time dependent Space dimension: 2D Axis symetric

I'm not being able to get results. I am placing the input parameter in the coil “Coil Voltage” and using a Global Variable Probe 1 -> mf.ICoil_1 on the output in Cosimulation for Simulink 1.

In Time dependent I have the step configured, 4e-5 sec.

I manage to export to Simulink. I load the model into Simulink, set up the simulation step, set the input voltage to the inductor (sinusoidal) and get nothing at the output.

Since there is not much information on simulation of inductors in cosimulation, could I be loading the voltage input to the inductor incorrectly? Does the input go in COIL?

I simulated this same model in frequency and it works perfectly.

Grateful for your comments and/or suggestions.

Greetings

Juan

0 Replies Last Post Jan 15, 2024, 8:24 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Juan Ma Trepat

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.