Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

hall sensors

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi.
I need to use hall sensors for switching BLDC model. if some one worked with hall sensors,please tell me how can i find and use hall sensors?
Thanks

7 Replies Last Post Jul 9, 2012, 10:44 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mehdi Shafiei

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 8, 2010, 1:05 a.m. EDT
Hi

for me a hall sensor is simply modelled by a surface over which you need to integrate the flux and define a response related to the total flux, no ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for me a hall sensor is simply modelled by a surface over which you need to integrate the flux and define a response related to the total flux, no ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 9, 2010, 5:41 a.m. EDT
Hi
thanks for your attention
I know, attached please find a model for a hall sensor. in this model we have used an anisotropic conductivity matrix to impose effect of magnetic field on the current. in the other word The magnetic field introduced into the current flow region of the solid in the Hall effect measurements effectively adds an anisotropic term into the conductivity of a nominally homogeneous, isotropic solid material. The anisotropic conductivity is caused by the magnetic field through the Lorentz force. this model is very simple and can't show me what really happen in the hall effect sensors.if i want to see accumulation of charges in this model! what should i do?
Hi thanks for your attention I know, attached please find a model for a hall sensor. in this model we have used an anisotropic conductivity matrix to impose effect of magnetic field on the current. in the other word The magnetic field introduced into the current flow region of the solid in the Hall effect measurements effectively adds an anisotropic term into the conductivity of a nominally homogeneous, isotropic solid material. The anisotropic conductivity is caused by the magnetic field through the Lorentz force. this model is very simple and can't show me what really happen in the hall effect sensors.if i want to see accumulation of charges in this model! what should i do?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 11, 2010, 8:22 a.m. EDT
HI

Well correct
I was in my world: had just simulated the field gradients for a system, to find out where to place the Hall sensor, while you are in the Hall sensor physics v;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
HI Well correct I was in my world: had just simulated the field gradients for a system, to find out where to place the Hall sensor, while you are in the Hall sensor physics v;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 15, 2011, 3:33 p.m. EDT
sir i am working with comsol version 4. while implementing for hall effect sensor i am gettin an error sayin
Singular matrix.
- Detail:
There are 1 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable mod1.mef.V0_fp1
at coordinates: (0,0), ...
and similarly for the degrees of freedom (empty columns in matrix)
.what shud i do .i m new to comsol.
sir i am working with comsol version 4. while implementing for hall effect sensor i am gettin an error sayin Singular matrix. - Detail: There are 1 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable mod1.mef.V0_fp1 at coordinates: (0,0), ... and similarly for the degrees of freedom (empty columns in matrix) .what shud i do .i m new to comsol.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 2, 2012, 8:30 a.m. EDT
Hi,
i working with COMSOL 4.2a and i have problem to opening some examples about Hall effect...
would you please send me some example of Hall effect!
Hi, i working with COMSOL 4.2a and i have problem to opening some examples about Hall effect... would you please send me some example of Hall effect!

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 5, 2012, 1:35 p.m. EDT
mohandes jan, naunetam chizi ziadi tu pc peyda konam, 1 sale ke dige ba comsol kar nemikonam, man ba 3.5 kar mikardam, emailet ro bede ye chan ta chiz yaftam, nemidunam chie, khodet negah kon...
mohandes jan, naunetam chizi ziadi tu pc peyda konam, 1 sale ke dige ba comsol kar nemikonam, man ba 3.5 kar mikardam, emailet ro bede ye chan ta chiz yaftam, nemidunam chie, khodet negah kon...

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 9, 2012, 10:44 a.m. EDT
Salam,
kheili lotf mikonid, emaile man: hadi.heidari@unipv.it
ghorbanat,
Hadi
Salam, kheili lotf mikonid, emaile man: hadi.heidari@unipv.it ghorbanat, Hadi

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.